10 PORN INDUSTRY STAT THAT NEED TO CHANGE:
1. Porn sites receive more regular traffic than Netflix, Amazon, and Twitter combined. (HUFFPOST)
2. 35% of all internet downloads are porn related. (WebRoot)
3. 34% of internet users have been exposed to unwanted porn via ads, pop-ups, etc (WebRoot)
4. Porn increased marital infidelity by 300% (WebRoot)
5. 30% of all data transferred across the internet is porn-related. (HuffPost)
6. The most common female role in porn is women in their 20's portraying teenagers. (Jon Millward. In 2013, Milward conducted the largest personal research study on the Porn industry in the U.S. He interviewed 10,000 porn stars about various aspects of the business.)
7. Child porn is one of the fastest growing online businesses. (IWF)
8. 624,000 child porn traders have been discovered online in the U.S. (innocent Justice)
9. Approximately 55% of teen girls living on the streets have engaged in prostitution (enough.org)
10. Child porn is a $3 billion industry (TopTenReviews)
Have you ever heard the phrase “Monkey see, monkey do”? It sounds simple, but it’s actually an illustration of some pretty complex brain science.
You see, monkeys, humans, and other mammals all have something in their brain called a “reward pathway.” Part of the reward pathway’s job is to promote healthy living by rewarding you when you do something that either keeps you alive (e.g., eating) or creates a new life (e.g., sex) , or enriches your life with satisfying experiences and relationships...
....So when someone is looking at porn, while they think they’re just being entertained, their brain is busy at work building pathways between whatever’s happening on their screen and feelings of arousal. Here’s where it gets tricky: The kind of porn a user watches can—and usually does—change over time. So as their brain continually wires together what they’re seeing with feeling aroused, what turns them on can change too.
...... READ MORE
Find out how porn can affect your brain
The more pornography a person consumes the harder it becomes for them to be aroused by a real person or a real relationship. As a result, many users start feeling like something’s wrong with them; they don’t know how to be turned on by a real person, much less form a deep personal connection with one.
Many porn users find themselves getting aroused by things that used to disgust them or that go against what they think is morally right. And once they start watching extreme and dangerous sex acts, these porn users are being taught that those behaviors are more normal and common than they actually are.
Find out how Porn affects your heart
In real life, real love requires a real person. Research has found that after men are exposed to pornography, they rate themselves as less in love with their partner than men who didn’t see any porn. On top of that, another study found that after being exposed to pornographic images, people were more critical of their partner’s appearance, sexual curiosity, sexual performance, and displays of affection.